Why is mold testing important?
Testing mold is important if you are suffering from allergies, are pregnant, or are dealing with insurance-related issues. At FixMold, we offer professional mold testing services for residential and commercial spaces. During our initial consultation or mold testing, we may need to take samples throughout the home if there are health implications to mold being present in your home or you are already experiencing visible symptoms of mold exposure, such as respiratory issues, persistent headaches, watery eyes, fatigue, or skin rashes.
As per EPA guidelines, if it is visible that the mold is present, lab testing isn't necessary. If our mold technicians recommend mold sampling in your home, there are two available methods: air sampling and swab sampling. For viable air testing, air samples are taken in areas where mold is more likely to grow. These areas tend to be where elevated moisture levels are present and there is visible evidence of condensation or water damage. The air sample would run for 5 min at 15 ml per minute, totaling 75 ml in 5 minutes for a correct and accurate read.
For swab testing, swab samples are taken directly from the surfaces where mold growth is suspected or present. Not only do swab samples help identify if there is an environment conducive to mold growth, but also the type of mold spores present and the stage of mold growth.
Whether we take an air sample, swab sample, or both, all samples are drawn by our state-certified mold testing team and sent to an independent, third-party laboratory for testing. The sample results can identify if the mold is in the active growth stage, which mold is present along with potential health implications and the mold spore count. Once the results from the laboratory are received, we will go over the results with you and decide what mold remediation strategy would work best for you.
Get Comprehensive and Reliable Mold Testing Services
To avoid the risks of mold, you must get rid of it as soon as possible. However, if you want a permanent and reliable mold treatment in your working or living space, hiring a professional mold inspection and testing company is essential.
At FixMold, our team relies on the best methods and equipment to determine the type of mold growing in your home or office, whether on the surface or within the materials. After completing the mold testing process, we recommend suitable mold removal services and prevention suggestions. We offer the following professional mold testing services…
Questions about mold remediation?
- Highly skilled and trained staff that is licensed with the DBPR (Department Of Business And Professional Regulation)
- Professional mold testing
- Use of most advanced tools and equipment
- Legal and medical mold testing resources
- Affordable pricing
- Fast turnarounds
Get in touch now to hire the Mold Testing Specialists!
- Every case is different. But typically, if mold is already visible, lab samples are not needed. However, if our office or managing technician receives information that anyone in a residence may be suffering from mold-related ailments or is at higher risk for developing complications from mold exposure, we would recommend taking a sample to understand the type of mold that may be found in your home and if the mold may be a cause of said ailments.
- Another scenario where mold samples would be taken is during real estate transactions. Mold samples help provide clearance or identify if there is a mold-related issue for potential buyers or sellers.
- When our mold technicians take surface and air samples, they are always sent to a third-party, independent laboratory. We will always share with you the results of the samples sent to the lab, walk you through any areas of concern and work with you to rectify those concerns.
At this time, there are no standard levels of tolerable or acceptable levels of mold present in your home. If we take samples at your residence, our mold technicians will take the time to walk you through the lab results and explain the findings. Our goal at FixMold is to make sure that your home is safe to inhabit. We pride ourselves on our honesty and integrity and will never misconstrue or misinterpret third-party, independent lab results in our favor.